Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Plan B


So obviously, the waiting is starting to get a little old. I was on move2nz.com the other day, and glancing at people's signatures gave me a rather awful sinking feeling. Many of the people posting about still being in the immigration quagmire had been in it for a year or more! I know for a fact that if this drags on for more then 9 months, I'm going to lose it (both interest, patience and likely my sanity)

So here's the new plan:
We sell the house and the car.
I resign late August.
We go to New Zealand with return tickets and visitors visas.
We look for jobs there, hopefully one of us will land one (it only takes one from what I've read).
Armed with our new found job offer(s), we update our immigration paperwork.
That should be enough to fast track the process, getting us our residency before the job starts
We get established, live happily ever after etc.

And now, because this blog is sorely lacking in photos, a photo from our Honeymoon in New Zealand. I'll start adding random NZ photos to the entries here to lighten up the mood, until we can get over there and take some fresh ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment