Thursday, October 16, 2008

Relief teaching or subbing in NZ

so since monday i have been calling schools, asking if i could stop by and drop off a cv, meet a principal, take a quickie walk around, etc.

now everyone we've spoken to said "oh yeah we need teachers". was this an over generalization?

wednesday at 2:30pm the school i visited monday called me up and asked me to do a year 2-3 group October 30th. today i visited another school at 10am and as i was walking out the door the staffing coordinator i met not 5 minutes before said "hold up are you free ...let me get my book". so in a 10 minute span i got another days work on November 4 with years 5-6.

um ok ^^ i can deal with this. one thing that i didn't know though was that it appears i'm on my own for activities, at least for the Berhampore school. i'll have to check Te Aro.

In Ontario if you sub the teacher leaves the day plan which has the duties, notes, a scheduled class day, including which books to do, math pages, etc. looks like i'm on my own for coming up with activities to get me from 8:50am-3pm. this could be fun/scary...

3 comments:

  1. Ah, just do whatever they do in the movies. Rent Dead Poets Society and copy that. Nothing bad could happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That clinches it. I'm moving to New Zealand. I can't stand the fact that in order to get release time for PD (not to mention being sick) I have to spend huge quantities of time planning lessons for someone else to teach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Dead Poet's Society :P

    You could just stand at the front of the class and call out people's names: Bueller... Bueller... Bueller......

    ReplyDelete