Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What a rough month.

Well, it's over, so now we can look back and try and salvage some good out of what has probably been our hardest month since moving to New Zealand, if not ever. As many of you know, Carly and I had to make an emergency flight to Canada, something we're still recovering from. On top of that, we had the house flood, which STILL isn't fixed, we had a 3200$ mistake on our income tax, our car needed fixing and we came home to some of the worst weather Wellington's seen.

But through it all a couple of things made me smile.

While we were in Canada, as the most emotional times were starting to wind down, Carly turned to me and said: "I'm ready to go home". I asked where she meant, and she said: "Back to Wellington".

When we arrived, after 24 hours of straight flying, landing in windy and rainy conditions in Wellington airport, despite it all, seeing the ocean and the mountains released a ton of tension from my shoulders.

In fact, every time I have a rough day of work, or things don't quite work out or we get another "surprise" I look out the window, check out the ocean, the waves and sigh. It's good to be here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no.... I can only guess at what has been going on, but I send you many hugs! I'm glad your new home has really become a *home* for you (floods notwithstanding).

    ReplyDelete