Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Strawberries on the Beach

Christmas has always been an exciting time of year for me. This year in particular I was lucky that my parents were here for the christmas holidays. Last year Blaise and I were in NZ and we had a sedate christmas; a few prezzies, we made pizza and chilled on the couch.

This year we went all out (many thanks to Blaise who cooked and put up with my over excited christmas buzz). Blaise made his first NZ ham, with oranges and cloves including a side dish of grilled kumara. My folks bought way to many prezzies for Blaise and I. The weather was sunny and warm, the sky was blue, it was summer in NZ.

I had this overwhelming desire to have christmas strawberries on the beach. Not really sure why, not sure where the impetus came from but I had to do this for christmas this year!

So after dinner and a brief recovery time we prepped the strawberries, grabbed the folding chairs and hauled my family down to the beach. ...windy Wellington, i moved to a place called windy Wellington. The wind was gusting, the sand was blowing, christmas strawberries on the beach would not be on the line for this year. However not to be denied my prize i got Blaise to snap a few photos of me eating strawberries on the beach and my parents joined in with good humour.

Christmas - check
Strawberries - check
Beach - check
family - check!

No comments:

Post a Comment