Thursday, April 8, 2010

His name is MO

Its been a while hasn't it.

Well here is something exciting ^^ at least from my perspective.
I have a car....I can hear you saying "what?"
I've always been a bus person, its easy, you can sleep, read, daydream and let someone else deal with gas, maintenance and parking. However, with the recent move to Ngaio from Island Bay (I suppose we should have blogged that) my commute to school increased.

BTW here is a gallery of our new home. The commute in the morning went from 20 minutes to 45 minutes, but the afternoon commute home went from 20 minutes to 1:20h (1:00h if i get lucky on connections). I did it for a month and a bit and while i could continue to do it there was a lot of talk of getting me a second car.

The second car also lets me get out of Ngaoi on the weekends to do my own thing when Blaise takes Bee (the 1st car) off to kite surf. In general the freedom is awesome, I take scuba gear in mine and do my thing, he fills his with kite gear and heads out in the opposite direction.

After some initial shopping it came down to the following: small, electric locks and windows, AC, foldable back seats, good gas mileage (oops sorry petrol mileage) and cute...yes that last one was mine.

Shopped around for a bit, trademe, dealers etc and finally found a nice dealer where the man showing the cars spoke to me and actually let me lead the conversation. Huzzah! Ladies don't buy from a dealer that won't talk to you and keeps answering all your questions to the man.

So what did we end up with, everything we wanted and more ^^
Meet MO.


I named him after the character from the animated movie WALL-E. The grill made me think of him. That's his picture beside my MO. Was it geeky and girly, yes, yes it was. His name is MO.

1 comment:

  1. Wow am I so envious of that built-in closet! Nice place! :)

    ReplyDelete