Friday, June 27, 2008

You Always Read The Instructions After the Fact.



Carly and I have now submitted our ITA to the NZ government. Of course, after we sent it out, we realized we'd sent the wrong type of birth certificate for Carly, but thankfully, our VERY nice and helpful contacts at NZ immigration have told us they will process the rest of our application so long as we Fed-Ex the right one out ASAP.

So now we're back to waiting. This time though, I'm considerably more up-beat about the whole situation. In fact, the only thing really stressing me out is that we won't have enough time to finish up all our "fun" stuff before we go on our grand adventure. Here's the list of what we want to do before we head out:
  • Trip to Toronto including Geeky.Net User BBQ
  • Trip to NYC to visit my mom
  • Trip to Halifax to visit Carly's parents
  • Trip(s) to Montreal
  • Camping with friends x 2 at least
Maybe I should just resign early :) I'm sure I'm missing at least one major trip on that list, but it's a good start. I think we might try and get a multistage plane ticket when we fly to NZ, so that we can make stops in Vancouver and Calgary before heading over there (also, that would guaranty we don't fly into the States, which I'm not crazy about doing)

No comments:

Post a Comment