Friday, July 4, 2008

Heart Wrenching


It's with incredible sadness that I put up the first of what will likely be several notices trying to find a new adoptive home for my cat, Mitou. I've quite literally been losing sleep over finding her a good home. Casey I'm not too worried about. She's still a young cat and is very affectionate.

Mitou in her older age has decided to live a more sedentary life. She's a very calm and laid back cat, . She's 14 now but in very good health. I'm trying all of my social networks first then I'll reach out to coworkers. Family likely won't work as they all have animals / prior commitments. I'd hoped I could find a solution that would allow me to get her back if we came back, but realistically that's really not fair to whomever will adopt her, so that's out of my mind now.

It's cliché I know, but you don't realize how important some relationships are until you're about to lose them. I feel worse about leaving my cat then leaving my country...

1 comment:

  1. Your kitty looks like ours. If I didn't have three boys, two cats and a dog I would take her in a heartbeat. But having not grown up in the chaos I doubt she could handle it. I hope you find a wonderful home for her though!

    ReplyDelete