Thursday, July 24, 2008

Interview: Done!

We got the interview done!!! This is speeding along nicely, as we only got our ITA to them on the 27th of June. We don't have job offers (obviously since we had to do an interview)

I screwed up one question when i mentioned there might be a few months where i'm wrapping up lose ends with the company I'm with here, the person mentioned that a Skilled Migrant immigration was for people looking for work in NZ. I had to correct myself by saying that I had to wrap up things in Canada before I could transfer to the NZ subsidiary, that seemed to clear it up.

She seemed very pleased that Carly is a certified elementary school teacher now, I get the impression that's starting to be a rather pressing problem.

She told us that it would take approx 1 week from the time she received the final document to make the decision, so hopefully within the next week or two we should hear back the decision!

A side note: if you are born in one country, but now reside in a different country, there's some additional documentation you may need.

I was born in Costa Rica to Canadian parents, who moved around a lot, so they want a Statutory Declaration (affidavit) that I did not have Costa Rican citizenship and don't have a criminal record there (the though of a 1 year old having a criminal record makes me giggle)

No comments:

Post a Comment