Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Quick Update: The Kite.

I've talked a lot about the kite of late, but realized I hadn't shown the actual kite. When I say a 14sqMeter kite, that's the total surface area of the wing. Given that it's just under 2meters wide, I'd guess the kite is about 8 meters long (as it tapers at both ends, that would make sense) That means it's bigger then most cars. In fact, in the photo below, you can see a small part of the car it manages to fully obscure.



Click on the photo for a larger view.

This is about the biggest kite you can fly in Wellington. Typically you go bigger for lighter winds and smaller kites are better for stronger winds. As I'm just a beginner, it makes sense to have a fairly large kite. My weight (just over 90kg right now) makes it possible to keep a slightly larger kite under control in stronger winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment