Monday, February 9, 2009

the first week of school

Just a quick note for those back home.

so the first three days of school went well. i've taught some lessons, met the kids, i have most of the names down though a couple are giving me issues.

this week i'll start my language lessons, i have a meet and greet the parents on thursday which i'm panicking about but R. says is no big deal. easy for him to say, he's been there years :P

there was a school picnic tonight, called off a wee bit early when it started to rain but i got to meet one or two parents, R.'s wife and general hang with the teachers in a social setting.

oh and as an added bonus i'm getting relief work. so last week berhampore (the school i work at) offered 4 days in february all at once, sadly i could only take 2 as i'm at camp for two of the days with my class kids. so this week i'm relieving in my own class for R. He had a good laugh at that one, easiest relief work ever. then today at lunch i got a call from Newtown (they are the other school who gave me tonnes of work last term) and i'm heading there this friday to do the latest batch of new entrants (the 5 year olds). about 4 hours after i said yes, berhampore called me again and asked me if wanted R.'s class again on friday...NUTS! well i can't complain about being booked for work full time.

Ki ora the people back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment