Friday, February 27, 2009

Quick Update on Work.

I signed the papers a few days ago, but I haven't made it official here yet. I've landed a full time job at IBM New Zealand as a Security Consultant. I start April 6th as a full time salaried employee with everything that implies.

I try to keep as much work content as possible off the internet. There are better and less google-able places to discuss work (my favorite is a pub, and second favorite is Skype calls) but I'm happy with this development. It's not quite what I was expecting when I got here, but it's a great way to move towards the next step of our immigration. I'm specifically looking forward to meeting people in my field, getting out of the house and generally re-integrating into the working world (I'll miss the afternoons off, but I definitely won't miss working on Saturdays).

The job will definitely be a challenge, but one I think I'm up for.

Coincidentally, the office is right close to a very nice beach :)

No comments:

Post a Comment