Friday, December 18, 2009

Botanical Gardens with my parents

I hadn't been to the botanical gardens in a while, not since...a while. I had definitely gone between this December and last, and ah yes i remember. I went with Jess and Lauren when they came in August. It was a lot nicer weather this time, still overcast but not the same volume of wind and rain.

When we arrived up at the top via cable car my parents wandered into the cable car museum. You know its weird that i nor Blaise had ever gone into that place before. It was actually quite good, lots of info, not too much to say "oh boring" just enough to make you go "Ooh thats interesting". We spend a bit in there wandering around, taking the occasional photo.


We headed out to the garden and walked the flower path down to the city passing through the australian garden, cacti garden, hydrangea path, main garden, herb gardens...you get the idea. The path eventually takes you back to the city proper after passing through the cemetery that they had to move 20,000 graves to put the highway through. A pleasant walk for the day and I can't speak for my folks but i for one will sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment